Oh, wait I know what happened. I decided to spend some Christmas money on new blinds. That sounds simple enough I know, but nothing is ever what it seems with me. I found some new blinds I had really wanted and ordered them. They were so nice when they got here that it made me realize that the wall was kind of dirty. I decided that since I knew I should paint the wall that it would make more sense to do that before I installed the blinds. Then my brain apparently started thinking like the children's book If You Give a Mouse A Cookie, because it dawned on me that I really do not like my ceiling. My house has the horrid popcorn ceiling from the eighties that slowly, but surely my husband and I have been removing. It VERY messy to remove, think dust bomb exploding in your house. In fact, I become so covered in dust I leave footprints on the sidewalk when I go out for air and the plaster dyes my hair so white it leads my husband to call me John Adams for a few days. I now am scraping the ceiling of texture, repainting the celing, and painting the walls so I can install the new blinds. Of course, while I am at it the baseboards and ceiling fan should really go too, not to mention the pieces of tile that are cracked. The long story made short is it is now a week later and I do love my blinds.
Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P. We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...
Comments
Post a Comment