Skip to main content

The Bunch Head to the Fair

Kids play with a sculpture exhibit while at the State Fair of TX.

It is that time of year again. I smell the grease in the air and the asphalt. It is State Fair time. I get excited once I hear on the news about what yummy stuff is being fried this year (on that note NEVER try the fried bubble gum). Those of you that know me well are probably wondering what I am talking about since you know I almost never eat anything fried, mostly because of gall bladder issues, but when our crew of 5 (6 if the oldest one joins us) heads out we pick out 3 fried foods to try and literally only get one bite each so it's not too bad. While our July was super awesome this year, the same cannot be said for October. It was 95 on the day we went to the fair with about 60% humidity. WE WERE MISERABLE! We only stayed for about 4 hours because of the heat, but that still gave us time to watch 2 different pet trick shows and sampled the fried Philly cheese steak and the fried breakfast for dinner. The latter which was super yummy and we all loved!
A and T acting  goofy at the fair.

A posing in front of a butterfly sculpture.

The kids have decided they do not like being "well-rounded" and no longer want to be kept busy with all the extra classes they are taking. In fact, their favorite days are the ones where we literally go no where. I for one am chomping at the bit for another camping trip. We have not been on one in almost 5 months, which is a record for us, and I really want to go somewhere. We are saving up for a huge trip next summer, but there will be a couple of small trips before that because there is NO WAY I am staying put for over a year (and D....day trips are not the same)!
Husband was bored so made up our son to look 30.

A made me a pumpkin temporary tattoo....too bad I sweat it off at the gym.

A starting her Elsa inspired set up....I will post a pic when she is done.  It's really cute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...