Skip to main content

The Bunch Welcomes a New Year!

Merry Christmas!

Happy New Year Everyone! I can't believe another year has gone by. It is ironic isn't it? As you get older, the years fly by at a faster and faster pace. I really have made a conscious decision to let go of things that don't really matter (I mean why waste my time, it's precious) and focus more on things I do enjoy (like family). That's not to mean that I don't do anything I don't like. I mean cleaning out the chickens everyday and stomping out in single digits to unfreeze their water is definitely not enjoyable, but I must admit in nice weather they are fun to watch. Though if one of the roosters tries to attack me again, I may end up with one less chicken.

We have been stuck inside these past few days because of the artic weather. Again, the south does get cold (really cold on some days), but we rebound fairly quickly and after a week should once again be enjoying nice mild winter days. Unfortunately, our time inside during this cold snap coincided with us all having a terrible cold (which made the multiple trips out to the coop that more fun). We basically just coughed our insides out and watched TV.  It was NOT fun. Thank goodness we are all starting to be on the mend. It is hanging on forever though.

Other than the illness, we had a nice Christmas. We enjoyed the down time by visiting family, watching Christmas movies, and seeing lights. The lights at Texas Motor Speedway were nice. I think after Branson's Christmas Décor that nothing can really compete in the decoration and lighting department. However, it was still a great display and we enjoyed it immensely. I think the neatest part was getting to go into the center of the speedway and have the track going around you. Santa's village is there and has a variety of things to do for the kids. We saw a guy there who carried his dachshund around in a baby carrier! It was really cute (or really weird jury is still out).

Cookie and her shenanigans

Christmas morning..

Maisy has to be part of any celebration!

My in-laws celebrated with us.

Look carefully, Maisy is helping T with his packages.

He was good boy this year! ;)

Very excited over his letter.....L was jealous and never got one. Not sure what happened there.

My baby turns 39. (Isn't it cute he hasn't reached 40 yet?)

The joy of letting the dog out in the country with ANY sort of ground moisture!


The kids are getting older so Christmas is at an acceptable time now. I think we started at about 7am this year. Yay! We opened presents and had a wonderful breakfast. Santa always leaves clues for the kids to find their present and it is always fun to see them "hunt" for their gifts. We also had some family over for lunch. It was a nice low key gathering that we enjoyed.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...