Skip to main content

The Bunch Are Halloween Ready and Fall Misses Us Completely!

Pre game listening of the Greatest Showman Soundtrack.

Living in Texas my entire life, I know that the weather can change in a heartbeat. Two weeks ago we were complaining about the never ending summer and near 100 degree days. Fast forward two weeks and temperatures are barely moving into the low 40's. It is super windy, cold, muddy, and wet. It is more like a Texas January and not a nice fall day. This is the second year in a row we have moved directly from summer and into full on winter. I am not a fan. I want my nice beautiful fall days and so do the kids. It was too hot to play outside and now it is too cold and wet.  The horses and chickens are living in a cold, muddy mess and there is not a whole lot we can do, other than hope the rain stops so the mud can dry out. I will say doing farm chores in the cold, windy rain is probably my least favorite. It creates a whole set of extra chores to do and now it takes me twice as long each day to get everything done.  I hope next week is back to normal. I much rather be warm than cold!

In anticipation of the cold weather, the kids dressed up for Halloween so we could take some pictures when it was sunny and nice. We aren't trick or treating again this year, but the kids like to dress up for our Halloween picture for the yearly calendar. This year they are all completely hooked on the Greatest Showman and they all dressed up as characters from the movie. I am not kidding. My youngest daughter has watched the movie every night since she bought it for her older sister's birthday. That's right. She commandeered her sister's gift. It is a good movie, but I have banned all songs being sung and watching the movie on the main tv because I just can't hear it anymore. It has been 2 months! You would have thought they would be sick of it by now, but so far that hasn't happened.

L wanted to be Amy Wheeler the trapeze artist.



A was Jenny Lind the opera singer.
Please excuse the bad quality, but you get the idea. 


T was P. T. Barnum, the ring leader.


The unthinkable actually happened. L's volleyball team actually won a game! With only 2 players who have really ever played before, there wasn't much hope that that would have happened.  Now, to be fair they barely beat a team who was playing up a level and was short one player, but a win is a win. You should have seen how excited these girls were to actually win. Hopefully, as they play together for the next few seasons they become more of a contender for the other teams.
I put up tarps in the barn to keep the wind from coming through the slats.  We need air circulation in summer, but not so much in winter. It seems to work pretty well.

They don't trust that they are really allowed in the backyard. They think it's a trick.

It is a soggy mess!

She gets to curl up inside with us, her most favorite place.
We celebrated Halloween by eating lunch at Red Robin with my parents.

Maisy and T love to cuddle, especially on cold dreary days.

We couldn't have Halloween without everyone dressing up.


T made a Halloween cake all by himself. The icing was a little sweet, but the cake layers were delicious!

T hard at work making his Dracula pumpkin



L wanted to paint a pumpkin. I wonder what she will do?

I am not at all surprised.

Happy Halloween!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...