Skip to main content

The Bunch get Ready for Christmas

                                                         
Our tree is so full of ornaments the kids made, we can't put on regular balls.
December, oh what happened. Apparently mother nature missed the memo that this is Texas and we do not appreciate cold weather. Especially cold weather that comes in the form of 4" of ice and takes a week to leave. Our northern counterparts may laugh at us, but I am sorry. How about you show me how great your traction is on 4" of solid ice? Us southerners tend to just ignore your belly aching about your "95 degree day". You know what I would do, with all my kids, if the highest temps of the summer were 95? Probably play outside all day long and enjoy the beautiful spring like weather, maybe even bring a jacket just in case. If your pool still feels good at the end of August, it doesn't get hot where you live, when the pool hits 95 then we'll talk. We also use this great invention called Air Conditioning. Yes, I know it rarely gets hot up there so why would you need a/c? To be fair, it rarely gets cold down here, but we all manage to have heat.
I spent an hour shoveling the walk. It came off in huge thick chunks.

Apparently, the slide is more fun icy.


So the Great Ice Blast of 2013, wow, did it mess up the Christmas season. My family and I should have been out enjoying the holidays with fun outings, but instead were trapped inside for a week ready to kill each other over the last cookie. me, along with everyone else in the country, decided that ice would not slow down my ability to finish getting my shopping done. I did what I have come to love better than the real thing....I hit the virtual mall. In hindsight I wish UPS would have mentioned that keeping up with packages was going to be so hard. I have spent the last two weeks wondering if I really was done shopping, but fortunately my packages FINALLY arrived late last night.
T is wearing his paper plate angel wings.

Yes, she has a flair for the dramatics.

Maybe one year I'll get a real smile.


Our fun Christmas themed trips this year have been greatly reduced this year, not just by the weather, but also by illness. I have been hit by a horrible case of bronchitis that I swear is being treated with placebos. My youngest son has contracted the H1N1 virus and seems really bent on giving it to his older sisters. After only one day on the Tami flu he is back to bouncing around and  being the annoying little brother that the girls so despise. I wish I was that way. I have been ill for a week and still have to take a nap to recover from the trip down the hall to go to the bathroom. We did manage to make it to Bass Pro to take the annual Santa picture. We had fun playing in their Winterland, though we couldn't figure out the nerf crossbows and the remote control car wasn't working.



Only 3 days left until Christmas and I can guarantee my baked goods won't be reaching anyone until at least the New Year. I really hope I am better by then. Anyways, I plan to enjoy the rest of the season as best as I can....between naps. Merry Christmas and Bless You All!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...