Skip to main content

The Bunch Barely Notice the Pandemic

What a difference a week makes! We are still not too concerned about the Corona Virus for our immediate family. We are all normally very healthy and should we contract it then it would most likely be very mild or asymptomatic. I am a little worried about our older relatives though, especially my parents who really don't seem to care too much about it. All this has made me wonder if instead of bronchitis T really had the Corona Virus. He wasn't tested then because this hadn't really been heard of yet, but it was just a couple of weeks ago.What I am concerned about is the panicking people that may cause food shortages. I was worried enough about having enough food for our family that I bought over a month's worth of groceries last week. The news really needs to calm down about their coverage of this virus. Maybe they could do a morning and night update on what is happening, but every story definitely doesn't need to be related to the virus.  I can't hardly deal with it anymore and I have to watch the news because we need to get weather updates for all the storms we are having.





The hens aren't nearly as bad off as the horses

It has rained every day for the last week. We have literally almost received an inch of rain per day. With another week of rain and storms forecasted I have no idea what we can do. There is literally no dry place for any of the animals to go. The ground is so saturated even the chickens, as light as they are, sink about 1/2 an inch when they walk around. The horses have no traction at all and in a "good spot" only sink about an inch. In several places, they sink about 4 inches or more. Their entire pen should be underwater by the end of next week.
Everything is so muddy and saturated. The only good part is at least it isn't cold out.
So much water EVERYWHERE!

All this rain is also keeping us locked inside. Every thing is closed so bowling, movies, shopping, etc. just aren't an option. Overall the quarantine hasn't really changed our life much. It just made everyone else live like we do. We already homeschool so no change for us in that department. We always hate being around lots of people so we have always picked off times to visit places. We rarely eat out and usually just pick up take out if we want something. We rent movies on amazon, have our own home gym, and apparently already practice social distancing. In fact, if it wasn't for all the rain. We could have lots of fun. Our eldest daughter told us our house is like summer camp. We have archery, corn hole, horseback riding, volleyball, basketball, bike riding, shooting, video games, movies complete with surround sound, board games, and even a bunk house (in the trailer). However, IT WON"T STOP RAINING so we can't enjoy any of that! All we can do is play pool, watch movies, play video games, and play board games. We are starting to get a little bored. Luckily, the kids are able to keep up with their school work and that occupies a big chunk of their time, but we are really ready for the yard to dry up so we can do some things outside.
L has kept busy making recipes from her Spanish book.

These were a Paraguayan cornstarch cookie.

They were HUGE and really good. They were very subtle and not  too sweet.

T has been watching Elvis movies.

He has also been dressing up and singing us Elvis songs. He wants to be an Elvis impersonator.

We all have tried to pass the time playing Guilty Party on the Wii U.

I hope everyone out there is taking precautions to avoid getting sick and that you aren't completely bored out of your mind yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...