Skip to main content

The Bunch Get Ready For State This Week And T Gets Sick AGAIN

She is growing so fast 🐈

After our horrendous show at the district tournament last week, our JV B team started thinking that they were better than our JV A team and challenged our A team to a scrimmage. We took them up on that and soundly put them in their place with some humble pie. We didn't even play our starters the whole time and one boy, who usually doesn't do anything more than warm the bench at game time, played two full quarters. Honestly, I was impressed with him because I had never even him get sweaty before since he almost never plays. The final score without us even going all out was 61-32. However, the next day T started not feeling well and as it turns out half our team caught the flu and only 5 people were well enough to play our last game, which meant no subs and 3 of the five that showed up are on the second string and don't play a lot of game time. They lost, but only by 12, which considering everything I thought that was pretty good. T is feeling better now. He is still a little congested so his nebulizer is making the trip to State with us. L complained this morning about feeling a little under the weather and being unusually tired and I feel like I have some sinus issues, but so far no one is as bad as T was. This is the third time in 6 months that T has been sick. He is normally so healthy. I hope he is done being sick this year! Everytime he gets ill, it settles in his chest and just takes so long for him to feel better and stop coughing.

We had to get our trailer inspected before we left and luckily they informed us that new tires were needed so we managed to find a place with tires in stock. I feel better having new tires rather than having to "keep an eye on it". On that note, why can't the same place do tires AND pack the bearings?!?! It seems like that would make sense since the tire is already off, but NOOO so now we have new tires, but have to take the trailer in to get the bearings packed.🤷 

The new baby kitty is merging well with our other pets. In fact, she stays out the majority of the day now. She is going to be upset this week when she has to be caged all day while A is at work. In fact, A is going to take her to work with her one day to get her shots and play with her. 

Wish us luck at State!

Everyone loves her.❤️❤️❤️

We're so happy everyone gets along!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...