Skip to main content

The Bunch Get Back to the Daily Grind

Well, our summer was interesting. We went on a nice long trip and had a blast. We had countless day trips and throughly enjoyed not having a schedule at all. Okay, I admit it. I was the one who throughly enjoyed not having a schedule. I wasn't spending nights planning out curriculm, scheduling appointments around our school schedule, shuttling the kids from one enrichment activity to the next, and planning every minute of our upcoming week so that I could make sure we were able to accomplish everything that needed to get done. The only bummer was that we kept getting sick every couple of weeks and the kids showed extreme sensitivity to the heat, which is weird because last summer was much hotter.
  While we are in week 4 of our school schedule, the neighborhood public schools are starting on Monday, which means T heads to his Pre-K class, too. This is both a blessing and a pain. On one hand, I can actually teach the girls in peace and quiet two days a week. There will be no Cat in the Hat in the background or someone whining that they are constantly hungry (I swear the boy was born with the appetite of an 18 year old...wait my 18 year old eats less!) I can just enjoy the school day twice a week. On that note though, I now inherit someone else's time table and extra "volunteering". I have to make sure to haul everyone to school to drop T off by 8:45am and pick him up around 1pm. Sometimes this makes it hard to get back on track with our own school work.
   Our co-op also starts back next week. The kids absolutely love going to it one day a week because they get to take classes with their friends, but since it is a parent lead co-op it means that I get to work. I am currently planning the curriculm for the middle school Spanish classes I have "volunteered" to teach. It is taking forever. I am not sure we will do this next year. Let me be honest, I didn't want to do it this year, but the kids love it so much I did it anyway. Unfortunately, most co-ops are parent lead so I might have to do it again next year just so the kids get a social outlet once a week (not that choir, Missions, gymnastics, and church aren't social).
   The termites appear to be gone, but we will continue monitoring them. Apparently, they were really bad this year so you might want to get a free inspection, just to make sure you don't have them!
 We are planning T and A's birthday parties. Even though they are 5 years apart, their actually birthdays are only 5 days apart. It makes it easier on family not to have to drive way out here two weekends in a row. We are letting A have her first slumber party this year for her 9th birthday. I will let you know how it goes. Probably will not be as much fun as it would have been because the rabbit made mulch out of the Wii cords, but that's another story (and one that ends with said rabbit being banished to outside).
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...