Skip to main content

The Bunch Play at the Trampoline Park

Okay, so I didn't play at the trampoline park because believe it or not I had a dislocated rib. That's right apparently you can dislocate your ribs. I know this not only because I did it, but because the doctor gave me a five minute lecture on how it can occur and why. Don't ask me to explain it to you because all I got out of the conversation was "it can happen". I am pretty sure the rest was "blahblahblahblah..and then it becomes dislocated". Essentially, as I am sure you already guessed, the only way to "relocate" it (is that a thing?)  is to pop it back into place. Sounds easy enough right? I am sure if it wasn't for the excruciating nauseating pain, it probably would be. Thankfully, no medicines really work since it is a dislocation and not muscular so that was a great and fun surprise. However, once it was "popped" into place, I immediately felt relief. I am still scared to do anything though and when the dog comes charging full blast at me, I cower. I am fairly certain her loving jump on me dislocated it in the first place.
L and her friend at the trampoline park

A and T had fun too!

I digress, back to the trampoline park. Once again we are celebrating the kids birthdays in stages. So and so can't come to the party on a certain day and instead would like to do something on a different day. This week we started celebrating L's 11th birthday. She took a friend to the trampoline park and then her friend came over to our house for a sleepover. They had a great time and the new trampoline park that is close to us is super nice. We liked it a lot and as a bonus it was almost empty when we visited. Now this week we are taking another friend skating, celebrating her actual birthday day with just our family since it is on a Wednesday, having a celebratory dinner with one set of grandparents, and cake on a different day with her cousins. Whew! Basically, we have birthday month. It can be a little overwhelming, but I know there will be a time when she will be gone and possibly live far away and we might not have the opportunity to see her at all so I guess I will try to appreciate birthday month.

My Grandfather in law, who is like a biological grandfather to me (I couldn't love him more) is moving into an assisted living home so we spent most of last Sunday going through his things. He has a lot of great antiques from the early 1900's. One cool thing we found was a commodities box from the Great Depression. He said they use to wait in line to get their box during the depression and it had certain foods to eat and other essentials for their family. We also found some really old books, like an old English book from 1940. I love historical artifacts, which is odd because in school I always hated history, but as an adult it just fascinates me, especially the pioneer days.  I have drug my family to so many historical re enactments and living history museums all over the country. We all always have fun, but sometimes the kids are like "really? again?". You think they would get better grades in history. I feel for my in laws. 89 years is a long time to collect things. Most of it is really neat, but oh boy there is a lot to go through. My kids better appreciate the fact I like to throw things out and stay organized!


Pretty butterfly in Papa's garden.




T has greatly improved in football. His team is still in last place, but they have improved greatly. In fact, they almost tied the last team they played, but the other team managed to get a touchdown in the last two minutes. He has playoff's next week so we will see what happens.
T playing with D's GI Joe toys.

T running in his football game.



C has been having stomach issues again. He had a CAT scan, colonoscopy, and endoscopy done last week. We are waiting on info from the biopsies. He has issues with horrible stomach cramps and throwing up every morning. At least the good news is we have pretty good insurance and his max out of pocket is only $3000 for the entire year. He seems to be in better spirits this week so hopefully that continues.



D has been busy trying to salvage our landscaping. I decided once we cleaned all the hedgerows out that it might be nice to have wildflowers (not to mention easy) so we put out about 5000 wildflower seeds. Either it will be great or we will have a huge mess to fix next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...