Skip to main content

The Bunch Are Busy

 

C & H got there engagement pictures back. They turned out really good.

First off, it has been nice to have the cooler weather, but I could really do without the 40 mph winds! Everything is pretty much being beat to death by the winds and getting hay is really NOT fun. The new chicken has adapted to living in the coop with the other hens surprisingly well. No one really picks on her and she seems happy. She adjusted to the coop so much better than the last chicken we introduced (the highway chicken). It seems like it was just too easy.

L tried out for her solo last week and should find out this week if she got it. It is for the Christmas concert. She sings with the rest of the student choir this Sunday at both services, but it is just one song and I don't think there is any solos. She really seems to like being a part of the choir. I can't wait to hear her sing!

T finally has his new basketball uniform in and is ready to play in next week's tournament, which is all the way in Duncanville over the course of two days. Basically, we get to spend 3 hours a day driving. In fact most of his games are at least an hour away. Ironically, the game that is closest to us is the only one they play in Oklahoma. The next couple of months we will be busy driving around for his games. Most of them are on Tuesday and Thursday nights so at least the weekends shouldn't be busy. 

A is now finished with two classes and is doing really well. She is enjoying being part of the college ministry at church and it has helped her really come out of her shell. In fact, tonight she is going to a Halloween party at the church and is excited to go, even though that means driving at night! D isn't as excited about her enjoying her new found freedom since it means she takes his car all the time. I swear I am going to buy another no frills tiny car so that way they can both be happy.  I really love our Mirage though. It only holds about 8 gallons of gas and can go 40+ miles per gallon. In the 2.5 years that we have had it, it has never given us any trouble and those two really drive it a lot.

Have A Great Halloween!





We went out to eat with my parents.

This time the hibachi fire didn't make T cry.  It has been quite awhile since we have been. 😂

Since my Dad melted his "teeth" on some pizza, my mom won't let him wear his teeth when he eats anymore 😂

He was absolutely thrilled with the mandatory fashion show this morning!

She thinks I don't know it's dinner time.

L had to make several different kinds of salads for her family consumer science class. I love classes that mean I don't have to cook! 💕


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...