Skip to main content

The Bunch Enjoy Summer

 

We have so much extra Christmas paper that we just use it to wrap everything.😂 We don't even notice anymore.

After our craziness of the past 9 months, slipping into the slow paced idolness of summer has been a blessing. Don't get me wrong, we have had lots of things we need to get done, but the beauty in that is we need to get it done on our time table. If we decide we just can't do it right now then we can put it off until a better time. We aren't living by anyone else's time table.  There is no basketball schedule, no school schedule, or any other schedule we have to go by.  It's fantastic! We have had a lot of time to enjoy things together. We have gone to plays, out to eat, out to the movies, played games, and a lot of other things. We plan to go race go karts and maybe take in a baseball game soon. Basically, we're all just healing together. A says she has serious trust issues and I tell her that I do too now. I am the only one who really talks or brings up L. I guess that's how they want to heal. I am fine with talking about and remembering the good times, which were basically all of our times together until last summer. I just hope L is staying on her meds, which are expensive so she's probably not, and that she is still going to school so she can build a decent life in a few years.  I also hope she snaps out of whatever crazy fog she's stuck in. She was such a a level headed, smart, confident kid (almost borderline too confident). It was hard to see her be so unsure of herself and combative. The kids pretty much just erased her from their lips. They'll talk about something that I know L played a big part in and basically just retell the story as if she was never there. I can't blame them. L put them through a lot and I know they are pretty mad at her. I am doing a lot better.  I don't constantly worry about her and obsess about making sure her predator pays for his actions. Make no mistake, I will make sure no one ever forgets how evil he is, but it's nice to sleep sometimes. I have completely lost faith in law enforcement, people in general, and the church, which is sad, but it is what it is and I am okay with that. I dealt with the hand I was given and can now be an advocate for change. 

T had a great week! He started his zoology classes at Frank Buck Zoo this week. I dropped him off at 9am with his little lunch ( it reminded me of preschool 😢) and he went on his own for the day. They would walk around and check on all the animals in the zoo and then focus on whatever was the animal for that day. For example, on the bird focus day, they fed the flamingos. Every day also had a lecture on that specific species AND they also did a dissection of animal from that species, which the school teacher in me was very excited about since we don't get any hands on dissections and instead watch them on YouTube to do our labs with. It's also why when he brought home his leftover turtle shell from his dissection on reptile day that I let him clean it off and proudly display it on the living room shelf. I am actually surprised that the cats weren't more interested in it. He leaves for summer camp in a couple of weeks and then has a couple more zoology classes and then summer will be almost over! He has also been playing guitar in church. He has been doing really well! I still can't believe how good he has gotten and he basically just taught himself with a You Tube class, though now he does take in person lessons, but his guitar teacher is pretty much just amazed by what he knows already. He also started shaving this week. He just had some long blonde scraggly hairs, nothing too bad, but he definitely needed to even things up. I can't believe how grown up my baby is. He only has 2 years left of school.

He had a fun time at his zoo class, which was taught by our neighbor's daughter unbeknownst to us!

Reptile day had more kids. I guess not everyone likes birds.

A has been crazy busy at work. Not only is the summer more busy just with people being off, but one of the Vet Techs takes her kids to Germany every summer to visit her family so they are also short staffed. I can't believe A has worked there for almost 2 years! We are still finalizing where her end of college celebratory vacation will be. She keeps changing her mind and says she wants to do everything. Most likely it will be somewhere beachy, but if we find a great deal on a Universal trip then we'll probably do that. She really wants to go to Harry Potter World again. We have decided it will either be in the US or a territory since we don't want to have get passports.

I decided to have each of the kids be in charge of meals one day a week. A picked some kind of pasta bake. I wasn't allowed to show her face because she wasn't "camera ready".😂

She made the filling and stuffed all the shells.

It was really good!

D had a happy Father's Day. We made him breakfast and after church we watched The Princess Bride with him. We had bought the DVD for him and our gift was watching it with him, allowing him to say all the quotes and anything else he wanted while it was playing with NO complaints. If anyone has ever watched this movie with him then you know what a sacrifice that was for us! He was relieved of all animal and house duties and just got to relax and do what he wanted. It was a nice day. He has been crazy busy this training season and he deserved an easy day. He had to go to the doctor today to get a splinter removed that had gotten jammed up underneath his nail. Ironically,he got a splinter on a day we did absolutely nothing with wood. He was cleaning up our supplies when we were done giving the horse her bath and somehow got a splinter. I am still not real sure how he managed that.

In addition to his movie, we also got him a blank music notebook for his songs he writes, and a new alarm clock (thanks cats). However this alarm clock projects on the ceiling and tells us the temperature and humidity so it is a nice upgrade.

Our horse, however, did so good! Usually we have to bathe her in shifts ( one day feet, one day hair, one day body, etc) because she starts getting antsy after about 20 minutes, but she actually let us wash everything in one day. I even got to shampoo out her tail and she NEVER lets us shampoo her tail. She looks so pretty with everything all white and shiny! I am kind of curious how she will do this summer since last summer she had a heat stroke and we almost had to euthanize her. I installed misters to help keep her cool, but so far it's been too nice to need them. They also predict we will have way less than the 55 days of over 100 that we had last year which should help. 

Look at that white mane! Isn't she pretty? 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...