Skip to main content

The Bunch Really Miss Seeing Other People



As we enter week 17 of quarantine I must admit that we are really ready to visit friends. We normally have a fairly interactive schedule and this four plus months of nothing is really wearing us down. There are no church camps, no sports practices or games, no fun places to go visit, or fun festivals to go to. Basically,  This. Is. It. I have a feeling that with all the new Covid cases that things will get worse before they get better. My eldest daughter told me today that she is tired of having nothing to look forward to. She usually looks forward to a friend's party, church camp, a fun outing we plan, or anything really. Now, our schedule is more like what productive thing can we get done around the house today. We have done a couple of camping trips which were nice, but everything in the towns we visit are pretty much closed so we can't really explore. We treat the kids to an extra special outing if they make AB honor roll for the school year, but this year we're not sure what to do. They worked really hard to earn their high grades and now their fun day out can't happen. There is no water parks, plays, or fancy dinner. I am trying to think outside the box for something that they might like that we can actually still do. Hopefully, we can come up with something.

We finally have our 50 amp hook ups! Yay! Yes, I said 50 amp even though the rv needs 30 amp. There is a reason for this. A 30 amp rv can adapt to 50 amps easier than a 50 amp can adapt to 30 amp. I would love to say we were thinking of the future when we put in the plug, but it would be a lie. Basically, it was 50 amp or nothing. Unbeknownst to us, the previous owner's 50 amp 220 outlet was tied into the same breaker as the oven. Since we have no free breakers in our control panel we had to keep it with the oven, which is 50 amps. So all the electrician could do was swap the 220 v  wire for 120 v wire so we could plug our RV in without frying our rv's electrical system. We already own an adapter so it wasn't a huge deal and now if someone visits with a bigger rv we have hook ups they can plug into.  I am just glad to be able to run the a/c and the fridge at the same time.

We are FINALLY seeing the fruits of our labor in the garden. Literally. I have several large watermelon that will be ready in the next couple of weeks, tons of red peppers and tomatoes, and T has lots of green beans, jalepenos, and okra. L is anxiously awaiting her only cantaloupe. It feels good to finally see our plants make food. T is so excited about his garden that he is already planning next year's crop! He even picks weeds every day. I just let my weeds go and some are about 6 ft tall. I just REALLY hate pulling weeds. It why my hedge row is made up of wildflowers....though I get a ton of butterflies and hummingbirds so I really love my wild flowers. 
The watermelon was 11.5 lbs and NOT ready, but the chickens loved it!

I have a lot of peppers I am just waiting on to turn red.

Lots of watermelons in different states. They should start being ready in 2 weeks. I can't wait!

He loves his little 💙 garden ❤️

Our crazy stupid sweet  dog 🐕.

She is starting to act more normal, but still is resting a lot. We are keeping a close eye on her. The vet was out this week, but didn't really see anything wrong.

The horse is doing well 😊

Boredom is setting in. We need friends to come visit!


We have big plans...kind of...big plans for having a pandemic. We are throwing a small July 4th party. We bought lots of fireworks ( we are outside city limits), have our hot dogs ready to grill, and bottles of margaritas chilling in the fridge. All we need we are a few friends and family and we'll have a wonderful night.  

                                          Happy Fourth Ya'll!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...