Skip to main content

The Bunch Have Fun In The Snow And T Gets His License!

 

We were super excited when it first started falling!

So as predicted we managed to get about 7.5" of snow starting first thing in the morning on the day T was scheduled to take his driving test. He absolutely refused to cancel it though. He said if they would still let him that he would take his test in the snow! Of course, we got the notification of his test being cancelled around 12:30 pm. His test was at 3:00 pm. Honestly, I was kind of surprised that they waited that long to cancel it. I was super worried that we would have to go online and reschedule it, which would have taken quite awhile. I miss the days of just going up there, waiting in line for the day, and getting what you needed to get done finished on whatever day you decided to go. Now, you need to know months in advance what your schedule is. It's annoying. Luckily, since they cancelled on us, this particular branch of the DPS emailed us directly to reschedule and we got to skip the waiting. Therefore, on a beautiful, balmy, snow free day, only 4 days after his original appointment was, T was able to take his driving test and get his license!!! He scored a 92, which was the highest of all the kids, but like I have said I think that is mostly because he watched the other two go through driving lessons and learned from it. He has been so happy he has license! He drove himself to his church group, his guitar lesson, and already is planning on volunteering at the library. He will have to practice driving around town for a bit before I let him try driving into the bigger cities, but so far he is doing great! I am done teaching driving lessons!!! That knocked a few years off my life. The first few days of driving is always a little scary, for them and me! I can't believe the baby is driving on his own and graduates next May! Time moves so fast.

He was ready to take his test and wasn't nervous at all.

This is actually the side of the DPS building. It was pretty neat!

It's always so nerve wracking waiting for your kids and car to come back from their test. At least this time,the weather was nice and D was with me.

He passed and we're waiting for his license!

Unfortunately, our septic pump went out right before the freezing weather arrived. Luckily, they were able to pump it out almost immediately, but we had to wait a week before they could come put in our new pump. Since they were able to empty the tanks, it meant we could at least have limited water usage. We could flush toilets, do dishes, and have quick showers, but no baths, laundry, etc. If they hadn't been able to pump out or tanks so fast, we would have had no water usage at all. That would have made navigating the snow and ice way harder since we wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere to use the facilities. The snow made everything so muddy and not being able to do laundry was frustrating, but was way better than the alternative. We now have not only a new pump, but new wiring, new control box, new floaters, pretty much a new everything except the actual tanks that are buried. Even better, everything is under warranty so we should have no issues for several years.

We did have fun playing in the snow. D went to stay with my parents so he could be closer to work and not have to navigate the dangerous roads for too long. The kids and I stayed here and managed the animals, which since it was a warmer snow was pretty easy. The waters weren't really freezing over and it was warm enough the chickens could stay outside. We bring them into a tent in the garage when it gets into single digits and stays below freezing for a few days. The horse trough never even fully froze over this time. 

We had fun playing in the snow though. We had a family snowball fight before D went to stay with my parents and the kids spent the rest of the weekend building snowmen, having more snowball fights, and building T's igloo. All in all, even without laundry abilities, it was a fun time!

At first, Axl wasn't too sure what to think.

Eventually, he decided he loves snow!

The drifts were quite deep.

A enjoyed the extra time off work though she did go in later in the afternoon.

The first snowman

The igloo. T spent hours making this.

It was big enough for both him and A to fit in it.

They weren't even super squashed.

Snowman #2

T decided to work on his fire starting badge for scouts. I made him move away from the house with the open flame!🤷


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...