Skip to main content

The Bunch Make It Through Our District Tournament....Barely

L and I LOVED our stadium chairs. It made such a huge difference at the end of the day, even more than my couch cushions did!

Twice this month I have made a comment and God has shown his sense of humor. My first comment was about two weeks ago. We were on our way to a basketball game and I commented on how much better watching games were this year since the refs had been calling pretty fairly. I mentioned how nice it was not having to yell at them all the time (yep, I am that person. No apologies.)  That very game, not even an hour later, we had the most insane game ever. I swear they had to have paid off the refs. It was so horrible I refused to go the second time we played them, though D said it was actually pretty fair that time. The second comment was during this very recent tournament. We were into our third game, a couple of days into the tournament, and I commented to another mom about how this year it was so nice. The games were fairly called, the other teams and their parents were nice, it was such a nice experience. Enter. The. Last. Game. Yep, who else would have made it to the final round for us to play EXCEPT nightmare team! I am not kidding. The one team I refused to go see play was in the final round against us at the playoffs. God is funny and we all failed miserably. L and I got there early and just picked the first row in one of the sets of bleachers. About 30 minutes later, when the game is closer to starting I look around and realize that L and I are sitting smack in the middle of nightmare team's parents. By now it is pretty crowded and we have nowhere to go so we just stay put. I mean they CHOSE to sit around us. I was listening to the parents talk and a lady directly behind me was talking and mentioned that "this team played dirty during our last game." It didn't even get all the way out of her mouth before I whipped around and screamed at her that "WE DID NOT!! She hid behind her husband and said it was a private conversation. Apparently, me telling her that a public tournament with 1000 people wasn't private, upset her. Her husband, who apparently wasn't as stupid as she was by obviously provoking a straight up pissed off lady, tried to diffuse the situation by saying in his nicest voice, "look, we just want to watch our kid play". I did finally turn around, but of course she would try to make snide comments to my back, but when I would turn and tell her to shut up, she would avoid confrontation. Nothing makes me madder than weak people. If you say something, it better be something you would say to my face. I don't play passive aggressive. I am just straight aggressive. I rather like that about me. I will say anything to your face that I would say behind your back. My kids think it can be mean, but does it really matter if you still say that mean thing? I just think it's more honest and respectful to own your thoughts than to engage is slanderous gossip. Anyways, I digress. She finally moved. Unfortunately, I had to endure the comments about our kids from them for the rest of the game, but not ONE person said we played dirty after that....at least not where they knew I could hear!😂

This game overall was no different. I swear this team has to pay the refs off under the table. The calls were insane! If it wasn't on tape, D never would have believed how horrible the calls were. 

While I was busy having my own issues with nightmare team's parents, the rest of our team's parents were having their own problems. They were worked up, rightly so, about the calls and long story short two of our Dad's were ejected from the game ( one played college ball and his brother was an NBA player so he knows the rules well), our coach got a technical for leaving the coaches box ( not kidding, when he left the box it was when nightmares team's coach was standing in the middle of the court OUT OF HIS BOX...only our coach got the technical) and nightmare team had one player that was kicked out of the facility entirely ( you don't even want to know how badly he had to have behaved for them to actually call that out). I can honestly say I NEVER WANT TO SEE THIS TEAM AGAIN. .. so we'll probably play them at the next tournament. At least, T's ankle did well in his brace and didn't bother him. Even with all the excessive fouls our team still almost beat them.  It has taken me three days to calm down enough from this game to be able to write about it. It was that horrible. This week L sings in the services and then it's off to our state tournaments. 

Wish us luck....and that we don't run into nightmare team!

I have no idea why he was just staring at the basket like that and when I asked him, he had no idea either! 😂

T warming up for one of the tournament games.

So far in the past 10 days: it has been 80, snowed, gone back to the 70's, and currently we have freezing rain. Texas weather is so crazy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...