Skip to main content

The Bunch Deal With A Surprise Issue

 

I will miss having the entire place to ourselves this summer when everyone is on break.

At first this week was just roaring by. We are finishing school, knocking out the things T needs to do before college starts, planning parties, and organizing our summer. We even went to play pickleball this week and with my new Reebok Nano cross trainers A said I played like a "real person". Apparently, in her mind this a compliment. However, she was right! I love these shoes! They are really sturdy and keep your ankles from rolling so I had no issues making hard lateral movements. In fact, the adults only lost each of our games by no more than two points and one game went into "overtime".  The kids seemed confused as to what was happening.😂

T also finished the Trail Life equivalent of his Eagle Scout award! He sought donations, planned, and supervised the installation of a basketball goal for the youth ministry at church. They were thrilled! T even talked to the managers at Academy and Home Depot and Academy gave him $175 off of the goal and Home Depot gave him 50% off of the concrete he needed. I have to say basketball goals are way more expensive than I had thought!

Some of the guys that helped T put the goal in.

The kids are going to love it!

H and C had their first sonogram appointment and Baby Walters is healthy and strong and due on 12/15! What a fantastic Christmas gift!

Baby W🥰

In the midst of our week, I get a text from mom informing me that she had taken my father to the emergency room. He had been complaining about dizzy spells, had extreme fatigue, and his legs had suddenly gotten so weak that he could barely walk. He was very anemic and his platelets were so low that they gave him a blood transfusion. Unfortunately, by the time the next morning came around his platelets were back down again. This brought about all kinds of testing. He has basically had a complete tune up! The tests keep coming back normal, but yet his platelets and hemoglobins are low. We are currently waiting on the results of the labs the oncologist took of his bone marrow. Unfortunately, those take 5-7 days to get, not including weekends so we most likely won't know those until next week. He also had an MRI on his liver today, but we should know those tomorrow. We really can't move forward until we have the results of the bone marrow. My father is more than ready to move to the rehab facility and eventually head home. My parents are normally so active and healthy that this was not only sudden, but shocking. I know mid 80's is older, but this is the first time he has really looked older. I am really happy my mother brought him to the hospital when she did because my dad didn't realize how sick he was. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...