Skip to main content

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.

 What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together. 

We love Bass Hall❤️

We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal!

I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, she didn't collect enough tissue for the biopsy so I have to get that part of it done again. I am waiting a couple months for that. The kids and D were so helpful! They all really stepped up and took over all the chores since I am restricted from lifting anything over 5 lbs.

The kids had fun playing games together while they took care of me.

Since T  basically had to stay home with me all week and baby sit me, after church on Sunday he wanted to go out to lunch with his girlfriend and then go play some basketball with his friends which was fine with us. He had earned his fun time. Unfortunately, on the way to play basketball with his friends there was a quarter panel from a car, probably leftover from a previous wreck, that blew in front of him and he had to slam on the brakes and swerve to avoid hitting it. Unfortunately, both swerving and slamming on the brakes at the same time caused the car to go into a skid. He left the two lane rural road went through a ditch, that unfortunately used railroad ties as a retainer wall, narrowly missed hitting a billboard sign, pushed a commercial dumpster about 5 ft before coming to a stop with the air bags deployed and a wheel not attached. D got a call from a very scared and upset kid. He was about 30 minutes away so it took D a bit to get to him. After, he got there, they had to wait for a wrecker for almost two hours. Thankfully, he was in the Volvo and walked away with nothing more than a little stiffness and an airbag burn. If he would have been in D's little commuter car, this most likely would have had a much different outcome. The Volvo wrapped him in a nice little safe cocoon. While this means in the short term we only have D's little mirage as our only vehicle, which I count towards our run of bad luck, I also see it as a blessing because we could have lost so much more. T was very shaken up and has not wanted to drive since. We have dropped him off and picked him up at all his functions. I think he just needs some time to process what happened. We have good insurance coverage so eventually everything will be taken care of. C says he is going to send an exorcist to our house to expel the demon! 😂 I just know there will be no Sam's trips for awhile.

Hopefully, things turn around this next week! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.

The wheel completely detached from whatever it's usually attached to. Our brand new tires are shredded.

The askew wheel. Overall it doesn't look too bad. No crumpled front or back , but the airbags, front end damage, and wheel issue totals it out.

Did I mention the dumpster was blue? Poor Volvo. 😭 It was good to us. I wish it hadn't been totaled out. It would be a lot easier to be able to get it fixed and not have to look for a replacement.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...