Skip to main content

The Bunch FINALLY Go On T's Senior Trip

 

T has been going to a spin class with A. I have gone too. It's hard!

We have spent nearly 2 years trying to take T on his senior trip and finally with just one week left before he starts college, we did it! We knew going in August was going to be hot. It's expected. We did not expect 109 degrees! We did everything we could to help the farm animals deal with the heat before we left. The chickens had misters going for about 8 hours a day plus a high speed fan. We also had multiple waters and a shallow pool for them to walk around in. The misters lower the surrounding air temp by about 15 degrees. We parked the trailer in the horse pen to create extra shade for them and also added misters for them to enjoy in their favorite corner they always stand in. They all handled the heat like champs, though the horses were ready to get their cool baths when we got back. They are kind of spoiled.😁

Our first stop on T's trip was at the Fried Pie place in Arbuckle. That place makes the best fried pies. We even had some of their savory pies and they were good too, but the absolute star of the show is the sweet pies. My favorite is the Coconut, D's is the vanilla, and A is the cherry, but they are all super yummy!

T pointed out D had the bow! I didn't realize.😆

After we arrived in OKC and set up, we immediately headed out to the National Cowboy museum and it did not disappoint! I highly recommend checking it out. Everyone was surprised at how massive this place is. We really enjoyed exploring the replica Western town and the outdoor Indian housing. It was hot, but we enjoyed our time there. Afterwards we went to check out the famous Route 66 stop Pop's. It is known for the large amounts of glass bottle sodas they have from all over the world in crazy flavors. We picked out 18 flavors to try over the next few weeks. We got cheese cake, peach pie, sour apple, maple, and several other flavors.

There was so much to explore here! It was very hands on .

There was holographic immersion areas.

There was an ENTIRE old west town indoors!

They had several buildings...the livery, dentist, bank, saloon, chuch, etc

They had a jail too!

The boys decided this pose didn't reveal the essence of the saloon.

They liked this one better. Boys.😂

There was an entire Indian area outdoors.

Kids🥰

Not sure what this was officially called. We called it the back scrapper. Lol.

There were even cliff dwellings!

I didn't even tell him to do this.

A hollowed out canoe.

He has gotten in our horse trough too.

A took this because T was actually doing this when she walked into the bank building. 

Pop's was overwhelming.

This lights up at night. I bet it looks super cool.

Surprisingly, T wanted to get up super early to go to the zoo before we planned to head to the highlight of our trip. The OKC zoo is one the largest and nicest zoos we have been too.... and we go to a lot of zoos. It's 50% bigger than the Dallas Zoo and 100% bigger than the Ft Worth Zoo. The whole thing is very well shaded so that was a nice surprise. I didn't even need my sunglasses. I have never been to a zoo so early that none of the animals have been fed yet. They were all really active and close up. It was great! A said it was like our own private zoo. It was just us for the first hour or so. It was a really enjoyable morning. After working up a sweat, we were ready to go to River Sport to enjoy the water. This is the place that the 2028 Olympics will hold their kayak and water sport events. It is a really neat place. It's in the heart of downtown and is a manmade level 3 and level 4 rapids. We started on the level 3 rapids with tubing. It was so much fun that we went several times. We then headed over to our rafting appointment. This is on a level 4 rapid and after a breif safety video, we were outfitted with our helmets and life jackets. We then went to meet our guide and do a little practicing. D accidentally broke his oar in half so we had to quickly paddle back to get him a new one. The guide said he'd never seen that happen before.😂 As for the rest of the trip, I hated it. Our guide recorded the entire thing for us, and I am asking him repeatedly if we're done and if that's the last one. I didn't even remember telling him "NO" when he asked if I had fun 😂 I was in such a hurry to get out of the boat I tore my toe nail in the rush to get out of the boat. Your toe really bleeds a lot. 😆 The medic had to spray it off with the hose and then bandage it up. It still hurts like crazy. A decided she was done when I was done but the boys went on another trip. They had a really fun time. Afterwards the boys did the ropes course, which was too high for A and I, but we enjoyed watching them. Overall, it was one of our best trips and everyone had a lot of fun! It was a great way to enjoy time together and celebrate T.

This zoo is MASSIVE! It covers 130 acres and is well shaded.

They had a teeny tiny elephant.🥰

Yep...he can stretch as tall as an elephant. Lol.

Every time.♥️ One day I am going to compile them altogether so we can see him grow.

The animals were so active!

My first time seeing a bear swim in a river.

I remember when they barely took up half the space and the wingspan seemed so big.🥲

The main reason for our trip!

A took this on the boys second trip around after we abandoned ship...I was being fixed up by the medic.

The tubes were my favorite! It was so much fun, but that tube is HEAVY.

So.Much.Fun.

If it wasn't for lugging the heavy tube up the hill each time, we could have done this all day.

It was so weird it is smack in the middle of downtown.

They were so high up it hurt my neck to look up at them.

D knew the girls wouldn't go up with T because we're scared of heights so he went with him so he'd have company.🥰

I was nervous just watching them.

They had a good time. We all did. We will go again and bring C & H.

We made it back just in time for his first day of EMS training.💗


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Start Birthday Week

  Yes, my Mom had my name misspelled on the cake.😂 It was still yummy so it was all good. T, A, and I all have our birthdays within a week and a half. Which means there is a crazy amount of sugar within those 10 days. We always like to make whoever's birthday it is feel special for the day. We watch what they want,do activities they like, eat what they pick, do their chores for them, etc. It not usually too expensive, but just a fun day where it's focused on them. The kids use to use their days to rule like little kings and queens, but have become a lot calmer in their "old" age since they get to do whatever they want most of the time anyways. We are a pretty close family and do a lot of things together all the time anyways, but on birthdays we still make sure we defer to the birthday boy/girl. My birthday is first and the kids do so many nice things for me all the time, but they put forth an extra effort on my birthday. This year A even woke up early to turn the cof...

The Bunch Are Ready For Fall To Come Back

  A and I at our favorite venue. We LOVE Bass Hall. I must admit that we are pretty tired of the crazy hot weather. We are ready to go back to the temps we had at the beginning of September. We played pickleball again this week, but D had required overtime to work so just T, A, and I went. We played singles and winner played the next person or A and I played together against T.  We ended up in full sun and the humidity was a killer. We are happy that the cold front is coming through this week and the mornings should be in the 60s or low 70s with low humidity. It should be super nice to play in. T won every game we played, but A and I together definitely made him work harder! We still had a lot fun. We decided against our usual post game Braums. We all were hot and really just wanted to get home to the a/c.  A won the lottery for tickets at Bass Hall to see the Life of Pi. We were up in the upper gallery, but that might have been beneficial for this show. The animal puppet...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...