Skip to main content

The Bunch Have A Fairly Relaxed Week

We had so much fun!

This week has been pretty typical for a "normal"  summer. We have had such a crazy past few months, it feels like things are FINALLY settling down and things are getting back to our new normal. We have been busy getting T ready for school. He has had to order his books, uniforms, boots, and stethoscope. He has also been making sure that all his paperwork is finished and that everything is in order to start school on the 25th. D had two full days of overtime this week so he only had off a couple of days. We spent one day going to look at used commuter cars for T, which was frustrating. I hate car shopping!  We spent the other day doing activities from the fun jar. It was a fantastic day! We went to an 80's themed arcade that has a ton of fun video games, ski ball, and basketball games. We spent about two hours just playing games and enjoying ourselves.We always have a great time there.  Afterwards, we went to the second hand book store and A and I got some new reads. We also tried a new snow cone place. D and I actually had floats....which were FANTASTIC! The kids had snow cones and thought they were really good, but still not as good as Bahama Bucks, but then again is anything as good as Bahama Bucks? I don't know how they get the ice that smooth where you can't even tell if it was ice. It just melts in your mouth and is crazy smooth and yummy.  However, this was one of the closer shops. There were a few ice chunks, but not many. After we were home for a bit, we played a family game of a version of pictionary. T played this game at church camp and had so much fun that he thought we would all enjoy it. Basically, everyone writes down 3-4 ideas on separate pieces of paper. It has to be something doing something...i.e. a dog surfing, a book painting, Darth Vader doing the splits, etc. each team takes turns drawing and guessing and the first team to get the most correct before you run out of the pieces of paper wins. It was a super fun game and we laughed a lot, though it  was really hard to draw Darth Vader and took 4 turns before someone finally got it! We have about 3 more days of fun jar ideas to do before school starts and I look forward to them. I know time is short lived before they both have their own lives and we don't do it anymore. I will miss all our family time. Though D and I might keep it up😂. It's fun to go do different things! A has been so busy lately that we hardly see her and T is almost to that point too so I treasure every day we get. Time goes by so fast. It's never enough. I am super excited about the grandbaby coming in December!! It's giving us all something to look forward to! I hope everyone has wonderful week and is able to stay out of this heat! Also, we haven't seen either cat since we set them free. I guess they are avoiding us for a bit.😂

No joke. They spent almost an hour beating this ENTIRE game! A said it was a journey.😂

We had fun playing a Pac-Man game and some pin ball.

This place has so many games! 

Poor Axl has crazy skin issues and we have to keep a cone on him so he doesn't chew up his feet. I give him breaks without his cone and the cats think it's just the most fun thing ever to play with! 😂


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch Start Birthday Week

  Yes, my Mom had my name misspelled on the cake.😂 It was still yummy so it was all good. T, A, and I all have our birthdays within a week and a half. Which means there is a crazy amount of sugar within those 10 days. We always like to make whoever's birthday it is feel special for the day. We watch what they want,do activities they like, eat what they pick, do their chores for them, etc. It not usually too expensive, but just a fun day where it's focused on them. The kids use to use their days to rule like little kings and queens, but have become a lot calmer in their "old" age since they get to do whatever they want most of the time anyways. We are a pretty close family and do a lot of things together all the time anyways, but on birthdays we still make sure we defer to the birthday boy/girl. My birthday is first and the kids do so many nice things for me all the time, but they put forth an extra effort on my birthday. This year A even woke up early to turn the cof...

The Bunch Are Ready For Fall To Come Back

  A and I at our favorite venue. We LOVE Bass Hall. I must admit that we are pretty tired of the crazy hot weather. We are ready to go back to the temps we had at the beginning of September. We played pickleball again this week, but D had required overtime to work so just T, A, and I went. We played singles and winner played the next person or A and I played together against T.  We ended up in full sun and the humidity was a killer. We are happy that the cold front is coming through this week and the mornings should be in the 60s or low 70s with low humidity. It should be super nice to play in. T won every game we played, but A and I together definitely made him work harder! We still had a lot fun. We decided against our usual post game Braums. We all were hot and really just wanted to get home to the a/c.  A won the lottery for tickets at Bass Hall to see the Life of Pi. We were up in the upper gallery, but that might have been beneficial for this show. The animal puppet...

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...