Skip to main content

The Bunch Finally Get Fall

 

I did not plant these Morning Glories, but I really like them. I think they are beautiful.

The summer heat has FINALLY subsided. This September smashed the record for number of 100 + degree days, by double! I was still running the misters for the animals until this week. I have NEVER in a decade of having the farm animals ever had to have the misters up until October! This week finally brought us some seriously needed rain and much deserved cooler temperatures. Unfortunately, we have had 7 inches of rain in 3 days with 6.23 being in about 5 hours. It has turned our pasture into a quick sand mud pit.

 Unfortunately, our little sweet donkey hurt her back leg trying to pull it out of the mud so I am dealing with that. Hopefully, she'll pull through. She's not really wanting to stand up now or really eat so I am going out every 4 hours to give her some mush I make with her pellets. She seems to like that plus I can hide her medicine in it 😂 We are now down to about 12 chickens. Nothing nefarious has happened. They are just getting old. Our youngest ones are now 4 and our oldest are 7 so most of them are too old to lay eggs, plus they are all molting now anyways, so they are mostly just pets and we get our eggs from Sam's. 

Poor Gwen! 

T is doing well in school. He is at a less intense spot in the semester so he is enjoying a little down time during the day now. A is busy with work and going out to do stuff with her boyfriend. I take a biking class with her once a week. She goes a lot more, but I try to go with her at least once a week so we can do something together. It's kind of becoming a fun thing we do. We go to our class and then hit up the coffee house for some drinks afterwards.

C and H have an induction date set for November 29 if she hasn't gone into labor before then. It's so exciting! I can't wait to meet my grandbaby!! Baby Wesley is on the smaller side. He is in the 28th percentile for weight. I might need to get some premmie sizes for him. Newborn will probably be too big. A is super excited! In fact, I have had to tell her to stop buying baby stuff. Between her and I, we have a mountain of baby stuff! We are giving them it all this weekend and the boys are super excited that they will have the music room back. 

D and I don't have any trips planned this month because D has a lot of overtime coming up, but he did take a whole week off at Thanksgiving so we will probably go somewhere then. Maybe the kids can join us again. We have decided that next year we are going to try to set a few days aside around the same time every year to vacation with the family. As the kids have their own families, it would be nice to have something to look forward to each year that's not competing with shared holidays, plus it's always more fun to vacation with family. It makes for fun memories. We have loved meeting family in different cities for adventures over the years! It is some of our favorite memories.

A's boyfriend got her a build a bear for her birthday. She dressed it up as Aurora. It's super cute and smells like strawberries.

We enjoyed our first rainy day in over 2 monthes. We watched a movie and relaxed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...