Skip to main content

The Bunch Celebrate A's Birthday

MiMi helped wrap A's gift. ♥️

A's birthday brings around the closing celebrations of birthday week. This year her birthday fell on one of her days off so it started off with a bang. We all went with her to one of her spin classes. While we were there, D broke the bike and noone could easily fix it and for the second time in 2 weeks I heard someone tell him "huh, that's never happened before". The other time was during our rafting trip when he broke the paddle in half right before we were about to get started on the course. Luckily, the class wasn't full so he got on another bike and away we went. New spin classes are WAY different than cycling classes back 20 years ago. Most of it is in the dark now and there's choreography. It definitely takes getting use to. However, it's a great way to spend time doing something A enjoys and keeps us in shape as bonus, though this class was extra hard! In fact, both A and D took naps when we got home.😂 They did have cheesecake first though. A wanted pineapple upside down cake from the Cheesecake Factory. C turned us on to this dessert. He ordered it one day when he wanted pineapple upside down cake and H hadn't made it in awhile. Little did he know he had found the best dessert ever! Each slice costs $11.95 plus tax or you can order a whole one for $66.95 with no sales tax. The whole cheesecake has 12 slices. I could have spent 50 dollars on 4 slices or do what I did and spend $66.95 on one cheesecake and freeze the other slices for later. Basically, they mark up each cheesecake by over $76 when they divide it up! That seems a little ridiculous. After a good long nap, D and A were ready to go to our next adventure. We had tickets at Fair Park to see the Sound of Music. Since T had to go to school plus the fact he hates it when we drag him to musicals, we gave A's boyfriend his ticket and the four of us headed to Fair Park. The show was AMAZING!! It wasn't better than the Outsiders, but I don't think anything can beat that. It was in the top 5 for sure though. It was a late night and with traffic it was about 2 hours each way. We had a wonderful time and more importantly A had a wonderful birthday.

Aunt C sent a cute 3D card.

D and I bought her some cycling shoes. T cleaned her car. His was probably the best gift! Her car was so dirty, it took him 2 mornings to get it all cleaned up. She hadn't cleaned it in probably a year. I don't understand that. I wash my car like once a week.

The cycling class decorated A's locker for her birthday.

It was a hard, but good class.

We earned that cheesecake.

A and her boyfriend. I couldn't believe he wore a jacket! Summer is brutal this year and we're still hitting triple digits. We made him take it off inside so he wouldn't die.

We got a great deal on 4 tickets. We were in the balcony, but dead center. They were pretty good seats.

It was super fun and D also really liked it.

The state fair was setting up so there were headless dinosaurs and bodyless dinosaurs everywhere!😂

T practicing what he is learning on D.

We got 12 drops.😔 At least it knocked the temperature down to 77 degrees for the afternoon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Bunch's Streak Of Bad Luck Continues

We made great time on the way there! It's amazing how leaving only 30 minutes later can help immensely with traffic. I wish all the shows started at 8 instead of 7:30.  What a week this was! We went to Bass Hall to see Back to the Future. It was ok. Definitely not the best play we have seen. The boys went with us and since the last two shows they joined us for were The Outsiders, which is one of, if not our most, favorite show ever, and A Christmas Story, which is in probably in the top 6, they were really not impressed. However, we still had a nice time doing something different together.  We love Bass Hall❤️ We had opening night tickets and got a GREAT deal! I went in this week and had my polyps removed plus they did a biopsy. I was more sore and for longer than I anticipated. Yes, the doctor said recovery was about 10 days, but I really only anticipated maybe 3-4. Boy, was I wrong! It's been 7 days now and by 10 I think I will be completely back to normal. Unfortunately, sh...

The Bunch Have A Fun Week!

D had his awards banquet at a BBQ place we had been wanting to try for awhile. The food was really delicious and not greasy at all.  We have had a lot of expenses thrown at us lately. We bought our new appliances , which were well planned for. However, after that we had 2 cars to get repaired, one of which   was decided that it was too expensive and would make more sense to get a newer, stronger, younger one, I have to get some polyps removed, we owe uncle Sam money for the first time ever (thanks to the rule about the year a child turns 17 you lose the child tax credit even if the majority of the year they are 16), and lots of other little things. You know how it goes...when it rains it pours. Since we were unable to take the rv out because of the tow vehicle being unable to tow with a heavy load, more like us not wanting to risk trying, and since A had a day off work, we decided to go on an adventure to do something that none of us ever had done before. We started with...

The Bunch Say Goodbye

  Aunt P picked a lovely cemetery. It was so beautiful and peaceful. For the past 8 years or so we have helped our Aunt P.  We have had numerous visits and conversations over the years, not to mention dinners and root beer floats. We have watched her physical health decline while her mental health was still sharp as tack. Sadly, the last month of her life she had started to have several moments where she didn't know what was going on. We had numerous conversations about her death with her and we are very happy in knowing that she finally has the relief she wanted. The past year in particular was VERY hard on her and she needed help more. D and I would visit almost every Wednesday and Saturday, plus whenever she called for help. It was nice to talk to her. She was witty, smart, knew the answer to just about anything, and did a wonderful job of making you feel special and loved. I once told her that I would really miss our chats when she was gone...I will. I really enjoyed getti...